Wednesday, July 6, 2011

making snowballs in July.

When we set off on our hike last week, we never thought we would find snow, much less-- be able to play in it. What an odd feeling to be making snowballs in July. My brain didn't know what to think!
My feet were chilly, but it felt good after sitting in the sun. Hiking in the hard packed snow patches was a different story. They were slippery and wet, a tricky feat!


As the trail wound around we found ourselves many times in the middle of a grove of Aspen trees. One of my favorite.

Finally, we made it to our destination! Stewart falls. A mighty rush of snow melt.



After the hike, we drove back down and decided to explore:

It wasn't hard to talk Jeff and my oldest boy onto the ski lift. My youngest, a totally different story.

What a fantastic ride. We enjoyed the warm glow of the:



It was mighty:

And, we got to swing our feet... ever so lightly. (Don't rock the seat!)

Perfect day.


No comments: