Wednesday, July 27, 2011

with a pinch of salt.

On the way to Lake Tahoe, we drove right through the:



What a crazy thing! They look exactly like snow... confusing to the brain on a warm summer morning.


The first chance we had, we parked the car and walked around.
They were crunchy, but soft... and the salt stuck to the bottoms of our shoes.

We told the boys they could run and run and run. And of course, they did. I stayed behind and snuck a little taste, just so I could say I did.

Mmmmmm. It was well, salty.

Looking over the vast landscape, the radiant white blinded your eyes, but up close you could see the:

Fantastic and delicate. Sparkly and beautiful too.

Some of the salt even followed us home I am sure. It had a way of finding itself back into my camera bag somehow!


6 comments:

Beth said...

Too awesome! Heard lots about them, but have never been. Would be fun to see! Welcome home, Em!

Pitterle Postings said...

We stopped there a few years ago and it was pretty amazing! Love your pictures.

Emily said...

They were weird!! Thanks for your comments girls!

hoLLy said...

i've never been! looks pretty darn awesome!

Kelli said...

I have never seen this. Looks like you had a good time.

Lisa said...

I love that there was a foot wash! LOL!!