Friday, March 25, 2011

craft nite: button earring edition.

My fabulous new crafty friend Colleen has officially introduced me to the:

She organized a whole evening dedicated to making these fabric covered button earrings that I had posted about on my blog last week.

Sweet Colleen, she did everything! Got the supplies, gathered fabric scraps, and even made coconut macaroons to munch on while we worked. I got to play teacher and give a little lesson and how to. It was so fun, and I am so excited about:

Besides, who doesn't like being the one that is allowed to make:

I know that I clean up plenty of messes every day. It is always relaxing when you can craft and not worry about a mess, just go with it!
.
My new favorite craft! I love how they are so sweet and look:
Next time, my place!
Thanks Colleen!

6 comments:

Teale said...

I was actually at Hobby Lobby yesterday & looking for these buttons that you can cover with fabric, because I was going to make some earrings after seeing them on your blog... however, either I don't know what I'm looking for, or they just didn't have them, so I left empty-handed. May try the fabric store this weekend & maybe they'll have them!

Emily said...

Teale, I found mine at HL, in the sewing notions. If you can't find them, ask someone!! :) hope you have better luck this weekend... And don't forget to get a box with the pusher!

Pitterle Postings said...

Oh, I love these. They would be so cute for the girls for easter!!

Kelli said...

visiting from sits! those are adorable!! i have to make them!

Jenna Buettemeyer said...

stopping by from sits! these are so so cute!!!! thanks for the idea!

Emily said...

You are welcome, easy and cheap! The perfect accessory!