Friday, March 4, 2011

I miss you, Texas.




While there is absolutely nothing wrong with Utah, I really left a piece of my heart in Texas. There is just something about that place. I was going through some old photos the other day and just had to stop and look a little while. Pay a little homage. Reminisce. I really miss that place.
I miss the mild winters.
I miss the deep blue skies that never seem to end.
I miss the wide open spaces.
I miss the circular hay bales that dot the countryside.
I miss the pecan trees.
I miss bluebonnets.
I miss fried pickles.
I miss the abundant ponds and lakes.
I miss the no sales tax on groceries!
I miss Texas pride.
I miss the Dairy Queen slogan, "That's what I like about Texas!"
I miss Central Market, and the huge Whole Foods store.
I miss the culture, and the southern hospitality.
I miss all of those lovely trees.
I miss real BBQ.
I miss you Texas, I miss you so much.

Can't wait to come and visit you this summer!
"You can all go to hell, I am going to Texas." -- Davey Crockett

7 comments:

Jenny said...

Very nice post! I feel the same way about CA. Although, Utah is not that bad.

the duchess said...

Oh, Emily. My heart bleeds for you. I know you must really love your husband because you let him drag you to UT. ;o) I can officially report that...

*** TEXAS MISSES YOU, TOO ***

Who knows...maybe one day you'll move back home to TEXAS.

Sheri Carpetenter said...

Stopping by from SITS. Love your blog. I am a new follower.

Lala said...

I was born in raised in Texas!! There are things I miss too!! The pecan trees, the mild winters, and yes the bbq!!! Oh my!! I don't miss the humid Houston summers though ;-)

Found your blog on SITS. I'm a new follower now

Lala
http://esmerlala30.blogspot.com/

Lisa said...

I've moved back and forth between Utah and Texas my whole life and I have to say, there's no home like my Texas home. I'm Texan through and through and love everything that this beautful states has to offer.

Patty said...

Found you thru SITS. I am a follower :)
I live in McKinney, Texas ;)

Sharon said...

We just moved to Austin from Hawai'i last June. It was HOT, it got cold and I hate not being able to leave my windows open ALL the time. Other than that I like Texas so far. I can see why you miss some of this stuff.