Wednesday, February 16, 2011

wheels up!

Living with a pilot that has had his airplane taken away due to uncontrollable circumstances is such a difficult thing.
It's really like a fish out of water! Like a removal of one of your main identity traits...
About 2 years ago, my husband was laid off because of the economic downturn and we had to live this reality for 18 straight months while he worked other odd jobs and we waited, and waited, and waited.
.
I hate waiting games.
.
Finally, last July, we found THE job, and we made THE move, so that he could fly THE plane.
I've only flown in a private jet once, and it's pretty cozy! Since it's so exclusive, it will probably never happen again... but at least we got to sit in the seats!
The boys loved it.
And, I just closed my eyes and pretended that I was being whisked away to somewhere exotic.
I am so in love with my pilot and the fact that:
Being without work has really opened my eyes to what a blessing it is. I am so grateful for Jeff's employment in the career that we have both worked so hard for!
.
But being in this airplane reminds me that:

7 comments:

mamapickle said...

So glad you are back in the job world. That plane looks amazing! We are still on the hunt, but making it work for now

Anonymous said...

welcome to utah!!!!! we need to meet up some time! i'm from draper but moved up north about 45 minutes 3 years ago.

what a cool plane! does he fly for jon huntsman? :)

Amy said...

Wow that is a fancy plane. Congrats on the new job.

EFT Manual said...

What a very cool plane! Take me away..

Anxiety Cause said...

Congrats on your new job and that place is totally cool! Love those interiors!

{leah} said...

It's a happy thing when the husbands get to do what they love.

{I've been blog stalking you for a while now, and I really enjoy your blog. I like your recipes and the art projects you do with your boys. I have copied a lot of your ideas schooling my boys.}

Emily said...

Thanks!! I wish I could divulge who he flies for-- but there are privacy issues with that! But, I can say that he's had national celebrities aboard his plane!!