Monday, March 21, 2011

petite pie.

I'm a little obsessed with miniatures.
Especially edible miniatures.
There is something so fascinating about a smaller version of something else. Why? Why? Who knows, but...
this is sparked the idea for:

I've done "Sky High Apple Pie" and "Pie baked in a mug", but never a pie in a muffin tin, but what could be more perfect?!
.
I felt like a little girl again, playing kitchen, and constructing my little pies.
The filling of choice, ruby red cherries:
And, I found the perfect excuse to use my vintage french pastry cutters, even better! I love their scalloped edges.
They look so yummy and they are not even baked yet!
After a quick pop in the oven, they are ready to serve.
Too bad I didn't have any vanilla ice cream laying around!
They are --get ready-- as easy as pie!
...

4 comments:

Mommyof2girlz/StephD said...

Love this recipe, my daughter is over my shoulder saying "mommy lets make these"! Found you through SITS, loved the pretzel post :)

Tami said...

So fun!!! Love it...I'm going to try this!

Astrid in Bristling Acres said...

I love making mini pies! I've made mini apple pies...and peanut butter & jam pies. So much fun!!!!

Popsicle Recipes said...

Hi thanks for possting this