Tuesday, April 5, 2011

cradled in my tortilla.

I really love Martha Stewart Food magazine. Some of the recipes that I find inside each month quickly become family favorites. This one is our newest faves.

Delicious! I made mine sporting my tried and true:

My aprons really are part of my cooking routine! I love them.

.

I had never tried warming my tortillas over an open flame, but it was fantastic! It added a ton of flavor and was so easy.

Ding, DING! Hear the dinner bell? It's time to eat! Seared-Steak Fajitas

.

3/4 pound top round steak

1 T soy sauce 1/4 C plus 1 T fresh lime juice (plus fresh wedges for serving)

1 T olive oil

1 garlic clove, minced

salt and pepper

1 green bell pepper, seeded and sliced

1 white onion, halved and thinly sliced

8 corn tortillas

1 large tomato, chopped cilantro, for serving

...

1. In a shallow dish, combine steak, soy sauce, and 1/4 C lime juice. Refrigerate for 1 hour, turning occasionally. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan heat 2 t oil over medium heat. Add garlic and cook until fragrant (30 seconds). Remove from heat, stir in 1 T lime juice. Set oil aside. .

2. Remove steak from marinade and season with salt and pepper. In a heavy pan, heat 1 t oil over medium. Cook steak until medium rare (about 2 minutes per side) Transfer to a plate and tent with aluminum foil.

3. Add peppers and onion to pan. Season with salt and pepper. Cook, until veggies are crisp tender, 4 to 6 minutes. Stir in reserved garlic oil. Thinly slice steak and serve with veggies, tortillas, tomatoes, and cilantro.

3 comments:

Elena said...

Thanks for sharing! My steak is marinating right now. I've been in SUCH a dinner slump!

Pitterle Postings said...

These look great! Not like the old taco!!

Caren with a "C" said...

Love your pictures! That is so creative to add text, etc. to them!
(Some of my CA friends that moved to UT did say they saw their neighbors breaking out the sprinklers last week!)