Wednesday, April 20, 2011

"no crank" ice cream

A wise man once said, "Nothing bad can come as a result of making:



Well, not really a wise man. More like-- Little Momma. But seriously, only good things can stem from the whipping of cream. Right?

.

Like this little secret I am going to share with you. Did you know you could make ice cream without a bulky, cumbersome ice cream maker? YOU CAN!

.

This week, I made two kinds. Vanilla and:

It's as easy as whipping cream, adding a few other ingredients, and then packing it up in a container:


So, imagine my children's eyes when after they so perfectly cleaned their plates (as good little children do... yeah right) and I emerged from the kitchen with chilled little bowls filled with:

{AND}


Joyous! The heavenly angels are singing!



No Crank Ice Cream

...

1/2 C sweetened condensed milk

1 t vanilla extract

a pinch of salt

1/4 C sour cream

1 and 1/4 C heavy cream (whipping cream)

...

While your heavy cream is whipping on high: mix milk, vanilla, salt, and sour cream together in a bowl. After your cream has whipped to hard peaks, mix together. Place mixture into a covered container and freeze for at least 6 hours. Add toppings as desired.

7 comments:

Heather Rae said...

It sounds and looks terrific! Wow! Such a treat!

Tracy P. said...

Holy cow, Little Momma! Even I could make that!! Sour cream, eh? Very interesting.

Lisa said...

Ooooo, so want to try this!

{leah} said...

Brilliant!!!! This totally made my day. I am off to make ice.... whipped cream!

Pitterle Postings said...

Oh yum! We will definitely be trying this one!!

Mary @ Redo 101 said...

Hey, can you adopt me? I wanna be there when the ice cream is served :) Looks delish, I'll have to try that, it looks easy enough for me :)

Emily said...

IT IS SO EASY< the vanilla actually tastes like cheesecake. It's pretty addictive... and make sure you have toppings... that makes it even better!