Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Do you want the Cinnabon recipe?

I think I've found it!



Really.
I have such a weak spot for:



Last Sunday, I decided to whip up a batch. After a whole lot of searching on the internet, I stumbled across a recipe marked "THE Cinnabon Recipe". So, we decided to give it a whirl.



If it's not THE recipe, it's pretty darn close, mostly when they were warm from the oven. I had to try a second one, just for you-- you know, to make sure it was the real deal.




The Cinnabon Recipe

Rolls:



1 1/4 oz package of yeast
1 C warm milk
1/2 C sugar
1/3 C melted butter
1 t salt
2 eggs
4 C flour


.


Filling:
1 C brown sugar
2 1/2 T cinnamon
1/3 C butter (softened)


.



Icing:
7 T butter, softened
1 1/2 C confectioners sugar
1/4 C cream cheese
1/2 t vanilla
1/8 t salt



...



Rolls: 1. Dissolve yeast in milk
2. Mix in sugar, butter, salt, eggs, and flour. Mix well.
3. Turn dough onto lightly floured surface and knead into a large ball. Cover and let rise one hour.
4. Roll dough out into a 20 X 15 inch rectangle.
.



Filling: 1. Spread the softened butter over the entire rectangle of dough. Sprinkle the filling generously over the dough.
2. Roll from long side to short side. Pinch the ends.
3. Using a serrated knife, cut the rolls about one inch wide. I got 12 rolls out of mine. You can cut them wider to make bigger rolls.


.


Baking: 1. Preheat oven to 400.
2. Allow rolls to rise for 30 minutes.
3. Bake the rolls until they are slightly brown, but not doughy. I set the timer on my convection oven for 15 minutes, and they were perfect. Depending on your oven though, they may need more time.


.


Icing: 1. When done, remove the rolls from the oven and allow to cool for a bit. 2. Cream all of the icing ingredients together and spread on top of the rolls. Enjoy!


..


So excited to be featured here on Amy's 100 Days of Summer list!


Also, have you seen my latest SITS article, here? Finding your recipe heritage. Check it out!










3 comments:

hope said...

We LOVE cinnamon rolls here at our house. One thing I started several years ago is adding a couple drops Orange extract to the icing.... it totally brings out the cheese flavor!! It's too hot to bake here right now though.... maybe I will wake up EARLY one morning to make them!

{leah} said...

These turned out great!!! thank you!!

Jeff Biggs said...

I have yet to make these but be fore I do the Graphic designer in me had to fix the graphic you are using for your background for you. It is much smaller in size so your pages will load faster and it gives you the same result. You can find it at http://www.measureofhope.org/images/21576.jpg

Hope you like it.