I have such a weak spot for:
Last Sunday, I decided to whip up a batch. After a whole lot of searching on the internet, I stumbled across a recipe marked "THE Cinnabon Recipe". So, we decided to give it a whirl.
1 C warm milk
1/2 C sugar
1/3 C melted butter
1 t salt
4 C flour
1 C brown sugar
2 1/2 T cinnamon
1/3 C butter (softened)
7 T butter, softened
1 1/2 C confectioners sugar
1/4 C cream cheese
1/2 t vanilla
1/8 t salt
2. Mix in sugar, butter, salt, eggs, and flour. Mix well.
3. Turn dough onto lightly floured surface and knead into a large ball. Cover and let rise one hour.
4. Roll dough out into a 20 X 15 inch rectangle.
2. Roll from long side to short side. Pinch the ends.
3. Using a serrated knife, cut the rolls about one inch wide. I got 12 rolls out of mine. You can cut them wider to make bigger rolls.
2. Allow rolls to rise for 30 minutes.
3. Bake the rolls until they are slightly brown, but not doughy. I set the timer on my convection oven for 15 minutes, and they were perfect. Depending on your oven though, they may need more time.
So excited to be featured here on Amy's 100 Days of Summer list!
Also, have you seen my latest SITS article, here? Finding your recipe heritage. Check it out!