Wednesday, June 1, 2011

a bedroom makeover: aviation edition

In preparation for summertime guests, I decided to totally re-do my boys bedrooms. I wanted to get it done quick, so I took 3 days total. Three days to paint, dry, decorate, and enjoy. They were three very long days.

My youngest helped me choose a paint color. His choice, a very dark violet blue. The perfect backdrop to our aviation theme.



I love how the blue paint looks with our new floors!

The old yellow airplane, a finishing touch.











The perfect little habitat for a pilot-to-be!

More makeovers tomorrow.

6 comments:

Brittney said...

It's looks GREAT! I love those blue airplanes with things hanging from them on the walls! Did you make or buy those? Very cool!

Candace Campbell said...

Looks awesome Emily!!! Great job!!!

Lisa said...

That is probably the cutest older boy room I have ever seen! I love it!

Lizzie said...

Oh my goodness, I love those little plane hooks that hang up the pictures - lovely revamp!

the duchess said...

Lovely makeovers! I thought of you when I watched Ghost Hunters investigate the Aviation Museum @ Pearl Harbor.

Mommyof2girlz/StephD said...

Great makeover and love that colour blue!