Thursday, June 18, 2009

anticipating sparks.

If I could,
I would spend most of the day
walking around in the warm grass:
I like to sink my toes in really deep, so I can feel the cool, damp earth
under my feet.
I am in a day-dreamy mood.
Today is the anniversary of my 10th year of marriage. I am engrossed in comfortable memory. I am feeling:
Sadly, my handsome husband and I cannot be together on our special day. But, I am anticipating sparks this weekend!
Do you know what I did?
I even got out the flag to hang outside.
It's a special day, and it deserves a flippity-flappity flag outside dancing in the breeze.

But alas, I cannot spend all day with my feet planted in the grass. I still have chores to do and goodness knows, they will take any chance they can get to run away from you. Back to reality.

In between the laundry loads and scrubbing dishes I am going to let my hands:

Cookies say "I love you" in the sweetest of ways.
I listen to the soundtrack of the past years as I mix and roll, cut and bake. I put my heart into my baking. My memories are baked right inside.

Frosting will not do. A June bride deserves sweet summer berry jam!

Raspberry:

Fresh-from-the-oven-cookies spread with jam smell like sun warmed raspberry fields. They do!

My love baked in a cookie, wish sugar atop- just for him. Just for my husband.

See you soon, honey bunches!

12 comments:

Linda said...

Happy Anniversary! We hit 44 the 13th!

Your cookies look yummy! My hubby didn't get anything special, just me for another....

Check my blog for my posting on our day!

Astrid in Bristling Acres said...

Hi Emily!

We just celebrated our 14th Anniversary on the 10th. June seems like a great wedding month, doesn't it?

Laura said...

Happy Anniversary!

Tamie said...

aren't you a doll!?!?! i got just a little choked-up there emily!
i'm sure your honney will love your cookies and i KNOW he loves you even more than your cookies :)
way to celebrate !) years (we've got two more to go until then...)

Erin said...

Have a happy day!

the duchess said...

Ooooh! Those look better than LaMadeline's, and I'm sure they don't put in nearly the amount of love you do.

Amber said...

Happy 10 years to you both! Those cookies are adorable and I'm wishing I could sample one right now :)

forever folding laundry said...

Happy Decade to you! Our 10 year is 7/31. Those cookies look like a great prelude to a great night. :)

~Keri

loni said...

Happy Anniversary!! Our 10th is on the 10th of next month. Every year our anniversary nudges me to look back and smile at all of the things our relationship has stood up to and stood up for. Somehow, 10 years seems even more special. :)

I hope you get to celebrate the occasion soon!

Eve said...

Happy Anniversary!
Ooooh... those cookies look delicious!

Dawn said...

Happy Anniversary! Wow, 10 years has sure gone by fast! Hope your weekend (was) great!

Trish said...

Happy Anniversary!!!!