Thursday, June 25, 2009

the ding dong factor.

A fathers day cake... that was the plan. I had an idea in my mind that I wanted, but it quickly went out the window when I realized that the premade frosting I had purchased did not come out of the tube as nicely as I would have liked!
On to plan B.
Plan B included chocolate chips to cover up the damage, and a nice smoothing out with my spatula.
But, I was still plagued with the wrath of plan A. The tube of white frosting was not working with me! I tried warming it in my hands, I tried squishing it around a bit, but nothing could save the consistency of the white frosting--
On to plan C.
I then realized that if I made a swirly swoop design on the top of my chocolate cake, it looked like a giant hostess ding dong.
So, that's what I did.
I give you, the ding dong cake...
.
Happy Fathers Day honey, here is a giant ding dong.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

this looks amazingly good.
PS--did you get a new banner? I think it's new. Well, i love it! It looks so colorful and perfect!

Eve said...

I'm suddenly craving ding-dongs! ;)

Such a great save - very clever! It came out looking perfect!

Letti said...

That looks so good. BUt I do have one question can you freeze it? I love frozen ding dongs...lol

Sara said...

YUM!!! That looks so good, can you send me a piece?!??!

hope said...

That is awesome, Em!!! Cute!!

Tabitha Blue said...

Hahaha, that is funny and way to cute!!! Love what the cake turned out to be!! You're so creative!

:)
Tabitha

Live.Love.Eat said...

Nothing like a delicious huge ding dong. That's the tastiest messed up plan I've ever seen.

Glad to have you back!

Dawn said...

For all of the ding dongs in our lives! So glad to see you are blogging again! I've really missed you. I might even get on the computer more often to see what you've been up to!

Brindi said...

Love it! It sure looks like it was going to taste heavenly.

meg duerksen said...

oh my goodness that looks sooooooo good!

the duchess said...

Mmm...this looks like someone's last meal on earth request. So creative.

Heather said...

For being on big mess up after another this looks very good. Makes me want one of those Hostess cupcakes. :]

My Trendy Tykes said...

YUMMMMM! I just featured this cake on my latest blog post : http://mytrendytykes.blogspot.com/2009/06/mama-likes_30.html

Trish said...

Mmmmmmm. I make ding dong cupcakes with marshmallow filling. Seeing this makes me want to go make some right now.

sunnymum said...

Just perfect! Thanks for sharing!