Monday, June 8, 2009

just a little lake house.

I'm back, just a small break.
We've been up to a lot! Lately, it's this:

I love the:
But my favorite is the lake access right in the backyard!

We spend hours out there.



I seriously found:
Being deep in the heart of East Texas, we enjoy all the quaint southern charms.

And, if you drive in a little bit deeper... you will find:

Caddo Lake is so interesting, Texas' only natural lake!
Take a drive through the swamp and you will find Caddo's most famous delights!
I feel like whistling Zip-a-dee-doo-dah and riding a hollowed out log down the river.

Stopping at a grocery store for supplies, Jeff quickly reminds me that:

Mmmmmmm! Dinner anyone?
.
I love the charm of an old town.
My poor husband. Can I guy ever get a break from the camera?
Another favorite pastime? Discovering nature in the backyard. We saw woodpeckers, eagles, owls, snakes, deer, and our favorite-- BABY FROGS!
They are so cute!
All good things must come to an end. Till next time, lake house!




22 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad you're back! Your wonderful blog posts were sorely missed. You've haven't lost your wonderful knack of great story telling through your photos.

Jennifer said...

Beautiful shots. =)

Pickled pigs lips? Ewww. How'd they taste??

Sandy said...

That looks fantastic! Except for the Pickled Pigs Lips! Gross!
It's good to good to have you back:)

Brindi said...

Missed you! Your blog always makes me happy. What a peaceful place to be with your family.

Astrid in Bristling Acres said...

You're back!!!! I'm so happy to see a post from you again!

Funny de ja vu- I've been to Caddo Lake- nearly three years ago (I live in WI but husband worked for two weeks in Longview so we all joined him there). We also went swimming at Lake o the Pines. Wow! That brings back memories!

Diana said...

Yahoo!! Your back! I have missed your site so much!

loni said...

Oh, how I have missed you, Emily! I hope and pray that you and your family are doing well and that summer will bring more posts from little momma & co.! :)

Simply Me... said...

Miss Emily, I've missed you big time glad to see you this morning. Come visit things have changed :) Take care...

Lanny

Jodi said...

So happy to see a new post.
That lake house looks divine, but I'm still out to lunch about the pickled pig lips and the alligator slim jim!
Welcome back, you've been missed.

***LIZ*** said...

Yay! Missed you, love the new post. I want a house on the lake too, how fun.

Gina said...

So glad you're back!!!

Cindy said...

Glad you are back blogging again, Emily. Really missed you!

Cindy

Emily S. said...

missed ya! Glad you're back... Lake House sounds AMAZING!

forever folding laundry said...

Yay for Emily being back! Glad you are having some fun adventures.

~Keri

Heather said...

Yay, you are back. I too have an affinity for the lake but its Lake Powell for me. I could lose my self there forever. I can't wait to go this summer.

Brianne said...

Welcome back... we missed you! Looks like quite the Texas adventure. Great photos as always!

Tamie said...

how utterly delightful!!!! what a great way to get-away from the everyday and enjoy some good "boy time" -- baby frogs and all :)

the duchess said...

What to my wandering eyes did appear but a blog post from Em & Me here! Welcome back, Kotter.

Anonymous said...

I'm a little jealous. It's so pretty there. I'll leave the crocs though, or alligators or whatever you have.

Jenny said...

Pickled pigs lips!! No way!

Amber said...

I was so happy to see a new post:) What a nice little getaway. It's funny that you mentionned singing zip-a-dee-doo-dah since I was just riding Splash Mountain last night.

meg duerksen said...

OHHHHHH.....i have missed you!
i am so glad you are blogging again. :)
hope you are well.
hope things are looking up at your house.
i have missed you photos and ideas.
i am SO glad you are back.