Friday, June 12, 2009

last day of kindergarten.
































Can you believe I have a first grader now!
We visited my oldest at his last day of school ice cream party. It was so much fun to see him being a student! A real student! He was stationed at a table full of girls, and seemed to love it. He didn't seem to embarrassed to have us there and I discreetly snapped some photos of the interaction to use as proof that he cohorted with females when he hits his awkward teen years. Only 7 more years until we find ourselves in the thick of those!
No more kindergarten baby. We've got a big man on campus who is confident and knows where to go, what he wants, and how to get it. We've got a great reader, who is dappling in chapter books, a great math whiz who already can do long multiplication (it takes him a while, but he can!), an outgoing athlete, and a caring little person who is willing to help others along the way. I am so glad I am his mom. I am so proud of my boy.

9 comments:

hope said...

How exciting!!! The speed at which these kids grow astounds me. Can you believe I won't have any at home in a couple months?? What an awesome young man you have on your hands!

imjacobsmom said...

Holy cow Chapter Books and Long Multiplication in kindergarten! Very Smart indeed. Makes a Mother Proud! ~ (My BABY just got his permit....) ~ Robyn

Tami said...

what a little stud!!! great pictures. :)

Hilary said...

My daughter was a Kindergarter this year too! It was a blast if I do say so myself :) Enjoy your Summer :) Cute picture too

Amber said...

Wow, I realize more and more how fast time goes now that I have my own little one. Josh will love first grade...it's the best grade if I do say so myself. I'm not biased or anything being a 1st grade teacher. :)

Kellie H said...

my oldest is movin' on to 1st also...can't believe it

glad you are back Emily!!!! I just couldn't give up on ya =)

Tammy (Mom to this crazy bunch) said...

He is just too adorable with those glasses!

meg duerksen said...

love these.
what a cute big class he has!

Dawn said...

Congrats 1st grader! And you've got a kindergardener? What are you going to do with your days? I'm a little jealous!